Sunday, July 01, 2007

Web Analytics Jobs Trend: July 2007

Here is the latest update on “Web Analytics” jobs.
This snapshot was taken on July 1st. from Indeed.com and SimplyHired.com. Both of these sites are job aggregators that collect open job positions from individual company sites and from job boards such as HotJobs.com. SimplyHired.com also provides job boards called job-a-matic, like the Job Board I have on my blog. These job boards allow individual bloggers or site owners to quickly create a job board specific to their site’s content.
Unlike last month, simplyhired.com is now listing more jobs than indeed.com. One likely reason is that all these job-a-matic jobs boards are getting more and more jobs listed on them and these boards are only tracked by simplyhired.


Note Month in the above graph represents the month when the data was gathered.

Indeed.com shows a big downwards trend in open jobs while simplyhired.com shows a slight upward tick. Web Analytics jobs listed on indeed.com are down 21% from last month. On Simplyhired.com open jobs are up 2.64% from last month.
“Web Analytics” jobs listed on indeed.com are up 54.79% from Jan 1st numbers. Since simplyhired now list more open jobs I might switch to reporting baseline with respect to numbers reported by simplyhired. I started tracking jobs listed on simplyhired.com from March onwards. Compared to March “web analytics” jobs listed on SimplyHired.com are up 49.82%.
A lot of job positions never are listed on any job board or company sites. These jobs are filled by networking and referrals. So if you are looking for a job and none of the listed jobs meet your passions float your name, let people in your networks and recruiters know what you are looking for and chances are you will find your dream job.

Which tool experience is in demand?


Open Job Positions on indeed.com and simplyhired.com for various web analytics tools.


3 month comparison of open job positions for various web analytics tools based on indeed.com data.

Key Findings
  1. WebTrends and Omniture skills are equally in demand.

  2. Open Jobs listed for almost all the tools, except Google Analytics, is down from last month.

  3. Last month I wrote that I expected “Google Analytics” jobs to go up considering all the press coverage V2 of Google Analytics got. Voila!! this month’s data proves that I was right with my prediction. Jobs requiring “Google Analytics” skills are up 14% and 19% on indeed.com and simplyhired.com respectively.



I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised by Google Analytics capabilities. (one day I will write about my experiences with Google Analytics). If you are looking for help with Google Analytics please email me at batraonline at gmail.com.

Want to start a career in web analytics? Check out my article starting a career in Web Analytics and my Web Analyst interview series to see how others got started in web analytics.

I am conducting a survey to understand the salaries offered to Web Analysts (All levels). I will publish the results in future posts. Please take 2 mins to take the Web Analysts Salary survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear your comments and questions.